Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Let's Boomerang Back to My Former Career Part I

Yesterday, I uploaded old images from my camera and found these from early June.  As many of you know in early June I was still employed and working in the bridal industry.  While that seems many moons ago, I had the urge to share these images from the last wedding I worked on as lead planner.  

Jennie + Graham were married in Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina on June 11th with a ceremony and reception at {The Isles Restaurant}. Above are the decor items I worked on before the event.  (Hint at all my single girlfriends, hire me to do your wedding it will be fabulous.)

Top Left: The bride liked the idea of having guests leave with a little gift that they could have forever and remind them of the beach wedding.  We had sand dollars calligrapher with the names of the guests for place cards. Next: Guests don't come to a beach wedding in flip flops so we provided them.  Tied with twine and a little note of relaxing and enjoying the ceremony, the flip flops came in all sizes and colors of pink, green, black and white. Next: Seashells lined the tables with slits thanking the guests for attending and traveling for this destination wedding. Last on the top: The venue provided white table linens but to make it a bit more fab we created lime green table runners in a satin to give the tables a little more color. 

Bottom Left: As oppose to doing a menu card we informed guests by a menu board framed and sitting on an easel near the buffet. Next: Fan programs are perfect for beach weddings. Next: Baskets of flip flops and the sand dollars.  

Below is the inspiration board I created for the couple in February shortly after they booked us!
But to see how it all worked out please check out the photographer's blog.  Amanda & Brent from Millie Holloman Photography out of Wilmington, NC posted their photos {Here}.  They are lovely! One of the rewards of being a planner is seeing the end result and for Jennie + Graham we see a very happy couple. 

{Stay Tuned} I promise this will NOT become a wedding blog. 




No comments: