Tuesday, March 9, 2010

For the love of sheets

For the love of sheets...

I am not sure when it happened or how but there has been a shift in my shopping wants and needs.

Going shopping in college meant going clothing shopping. However, it wasn't limited to just clothes but included shoes, handbags, necklaces, earrings, scarfs, and well, anything body oriented.

Going shopping now means shopping for things for the home. Maybe the shift happened as for the first time in my life I live alone. I am renting an apartment with white, bare walls. I have the ability to decorate my apartment. Decorate it the way I want to.

What is stopping me?

Money. Home decorating is expensive. In lovely, Liberal we have a Wal-Mart but our Wal-Mart doesn't carry the trendy, cool looking Home Trends collection. And before you throw out the suggestions of Crate & Barrel, Anthropologie, Home Goods, T.J. Maxx...let me tell you, they are no where close to me.

Last weekend, the Cowboy and I went to Wichita. We went for the weekend which involved meeting more of his family (Mom and half-brother). Sunday was designated for shopping. I said Target. The cowboy said "Really?" Apparently, he imagined shopping meant mall only.

"What are you going to get at Target?" asked the cowboy.

Everything.

Well, I couldn't quite possibly buy everything because as earlier pointed out home goods cost money. However, I by-passed buying a cute side table, armless chair for my living room, the large art prints for my walls and went for purchasing new sheets.

The {Home Organic Sheet Set} was not a disappointment. The sheets feel almost like silk with a super soft feel. They remind me of the modal fabric Gap Body uses for their panties and p.j.'s.
I am in love with these sheets. Perhaps, they have been out for awhile and I finally just discovered them as I become more of an adult focused shopper.

{Stay Tuned}

P.S. We hit up the mall after Target. I limited myself to 1 hour which included Old Navy, Coach, a Kansas gift shop and than the stores the Cowboy wanted to go in. I am a good girlfriend to take to the mall.

4 comments:

Modern Ink Studio said...

I am pretty sure Wichita has a TJ Maxx too. I know it's not super close to Liberal, but if you are there for Target. My in-laws live in Wichita and I am 99.9% sure they have TJ Maxx.

You're just going to have to trip it up to KC. We have everything you listed! Although our West Elm just closed...sad :(

Anonymous said...

Hm hm.. that's quiet interessting but to be honest i have a hard time determining it... wonder how others think about this..

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

My brother and sister-in-law live in Wichita!

I've experienced the same shift in shopping styles (wow - trying saying that sentence 5 times in a row!), and I think it's just a part of growing up. I also think it's more fun to shop for Chris than for myself!

Blog27999 said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years longer and weigh 42 pounds less than us.

(And by the way, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret-exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "how" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

Tap this link to see if this quick questionnaire can help you discover your true weight loss possibilities