Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An emotional roller coaster of a day

I realize I haven't blogged a "decent" post since January. I also realize that it is March. I also gave considerable thought on what to blog about for when I finally took it up again.

An emotional roller coaster of a day was not it.

However, that is where I found myself on Tuesday, March 9. I was looking back on a day of ups and downs. Silent accomplishments made by me.

(I had a great interview with a lawyer in which I sounded confident and asked all the questions I need to. I signed up for my first online course. The course cost $55 and promises to make me a better writer. I thought the inspiration of an online instructor and exercises might help me out. I got a very sweet thank you note in the mail from a local author I interviewed last week. "I was impressed by the article," she wrote. I want to write her back and say I was impressed with you. As she told me last week, she had to retiree in order to follow her dream. At 65 she published her first novel.)

But like I said Tuesday was a day of ups and downs. There were some downs.

(My editor tore apart my lead to the article I wrote for Wednesday's newspaper. Granted the sentence did need some re-writing. I was told I needed to work on my page design skills and was asked if 'I rush through things?')

I could dwell on the negative. I could block it out and only concentrate on the positive but that is not how lessons are learned. That is not how we improve.

While a bit on the mentally drained side, I found myself inspired more than ever. Weird, right? I want to do better. I know I can do better. When I get better I know those ups will only get higher. The uneasiness look on the cartoon character will go to a smile.

{Stay Tuned}

I am happy to report Wednesday was one of the most productive days I've had in awhile. I really truly believe a bad day on Tuesday encouraged me to work harder than ever Wednesday.

Life lesson of March 9: The best inspiration can come from a bad day.
P.S. The cartoon is from a menopause website.


No comments: