Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Lemony Salmon and Dill Toss

When I became the Lifestyles Editor I was given the lifestyles email account that subscribes to hundreds of list servers that contain possible content to be used on the Lifestyles page. I have to say I don't use 95% of what floods my email box but I have spent some time looking at quite a few potential articles sent my way. (4o of the Best Beers in the World...I had only tried about 15.)

A recipe last week from Prevention Magazine caught my eye. I made it last Thursday and I really enjoyed it. If you like salmon and dill, you'll love this. I did make some changes to the recipe and this is how I made the Lemony Salmon and Dill Toss:

Ingredients:

7 1/2 oz. can salmon, drained
1 1/2 cups of chopped asparagus pieces
4 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
1 tbsp dill
2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
4 cups of cooked farfalle pasta
2/3 cups shredded parmesan

1. Cook the 4 cups of farfalle pasta as directed on the box.
2. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, cook the asparagus in the olive oil on medium heat.
3. In another sauce pan, cook the salmon on low heat.
4. In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, dill, salt, pepper, and parmesan.
5. Once pasta is done, combine the bowl mixture of lemon and dill, asparagus and salmon. Stir. Add more dill or salmon to taste. Ready to be served.

(I acknowledge I am not a recipe writer but that's what I did.) The recipe is not to difficult and is relatively easy. It was my first time eating fish from a can. I have to say not half bad. I warned the cowboy before he took a bite it was different and it would be okay if he told me he did not like it. He said it was good and if I made it again he would come over for dinner.

{Stay Tuned}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Canned salmon sounds disgusting!